Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The New Camaro

I remember a time when it was a big deal to go to the car dealership in the fall to see all the new cars. It was one of those traditions, along with football, the start of school, and raking leaves that confirmed that fall was here. Now that car manufacturers are introducing cars throughout the year that tradition has gone the way of station wagons with rear facing seats. (Yeah, I know they were death traps but as a kid we didn't know better).

Today, I was blessed with the excitement of seeing a new car. This was a sentiment I had not felt in at least a decade. It all started when I was leaving my office to run a quick errand. My buddy John came out of his office and yelled, "Rod, Sunset Chev has the new Camaro." My response, "Dude, you're crazy it's not supposed to come out until the fall!!!" John: "I know but I saw not one but TWO this morning. An RS and SS." Needless to say, John and I found a way to get out of our daily responsibilities and make to Sunset Chev in Sumner,WA.

I am happy to report the new RS/SS and RS Camaro's are in. One in blue and one in silver. Here are the pics:

The SS (or as the salesman described it RS-SS package), with the big V8!



The RS:



If you're interested. Call Paige at Sunset Chev. (253)503-9472. Tell him Rod sent you.

Later,

Rod

No comments: